1.1 This policy describes how Activision Blizzard Media and its group companies (collectively described as “we”, “us” or “our”) collect, use, process and share information about you.
2. Visiting our Website
2.1 When you visit the Activision Blizzard Media (“Website”), we may collect information about you, such as details about how you use and interact with our Website. We may use the information we collect about you for a number of purposes, including for operating and optimising the Website, in connection with our advertising purposes, and for research or analysis.
2.2 The information we collect and process about you when you visit our Website includes:
- information that you provide us with when you fill in forms on our Website;
- details of your use of the Website and the resources that you access (for example, information about how and when you use the Website, or what device you use to access the Website);
- if you contact us or respond to messages and communications that we or other users of the Website send to you, we may keep a record of that correspondence; and
- information we collect via first-party cookies (which are small text files placed on your device). Cookies allow us to collect data, such as your device's model, operating system and screen size and other information about how you use our Website.
2.3 We, our suppliers and group companies, may use this information:
- as necessary in order to provide the Website to you;
- for the purposes of contacting you, for example as part of customer service or to send you updates about the Website;
- for the purposes of managing your account and relationship with us and improving your experience when you use the Website;
- for the purposes of research, surveying, and engaging with you, for example by sending you communications (including by email) for these purposes;
- for the purposes of marketing and promotion of Activision Blizzard Media’s Services, for example sending you communications (including by email) for these purposes on our, or a third party's behalf. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com;
- to create reports, analysis or similar services for use by us for the purposes of research or business intelligence, for example to track potential problems or trends with the Website;
- for the purposes of preventing cheating, crime or fraud. We may also need to pass your information to fraud prevention agencies and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention; or
- as reasonably necessary in order to provide the Website to you or to send you email communications;
- where your data is in an anonymous and aggregated format, meaning you could not be personally identified from it;
- as we reasonably believe is permitted by law or regulation or as is necessary to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and/or any other agreement with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of King, our users, or others; and
3.2 We may also share your information with our service providers if necessary to enable them to provide services to us.
We take appropriate security and technical measures to protect your information from unauthorised access, loss and misuse. In addition, we request that our suppliers who process personal information on our behalf take a range of security measures designed to help protect your personal information and maintain an appropriate level of security. However, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information online and offline, as the Internet by its nature is not a secure environment and the nature of security risks is constantly evolving. As such you should always take care when sharing your information online.
5. Legal Bases
In each case where we process your information, we do so lawfully in accordance with one of the legal basis set out under European data protection law. The legal bases which we rely upon are the following:
- Legal Obligation - This covers data used by us to comply with a legal obligation, such as to maintain records relating to tax or to respond to a valid legal request for certain data;
- Legitimate Interests - This covers data used by us for purposes that are not harmful to your privacy and can be reasonably expected within the context of your use of our Website, such as analytics, research and optimisation of our Website; and
- Consent - Where we ask for your consent to use your data for any other purpose, we will make this clear at the point of collection and we will also make clear how you can withdraw your consent.
6. Location of storage
We store your information on servers that we control which are primarily based in the EEA. We may also use servers and engage providers that are located outside the EEA in order to process and store your information and to provide the Services.
7. International Transfer
We may transfer your information to affiliated entities or third parties to jurisdictions outside the EEA. Please note that these countries outside of the EEA may not have the same data protection laws as your own jurisdiction. We take steps to ensure that there are adequate safeguards and mechanisms in place (including the use of EU model clauses) to allow the transfer of your information across borders outside of the EEA.
8. Contact us
- via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- in writing to Activision Blizzard Media Ltd at The Ampsersand Building, 178 Wardour Street, London, W1F 8FY, United Kingdom.